I often wake with a song lingering in my head. These songs are not consciously chosen or triggered, and I rarely remember any dream context that might have been related to them. There is some overlap, but a large portion of them are not songs I ever get stuck in my head during the day. I decided to log all the songs playing in my head when I awoke, to the best of my ability.
Show me the data/insights!
- Up-to-date insights can be seen via Google Data Studio.
- I occasionally update a Spotify playlist with the songs that are available from their library.
There are some obvious limits to my ability to log this data consistently.
- I may be too tired to remember to log.
- The information may disappear by the time I am able to write it down.
- I may not know the name of the song or be able to research it with what little is stuck in my head.
- The song may be a fiction created by my sleeping brain.
I intend to automate and improve the process, the data, and the visualization more and more over time.